June 07, 2008

A Profound Experience

I'm interested in the feeling of 'stepping off the planet" and the immense relief I felt the other day:

the chumbawumba wagon

discharging cooking oiley fumes and the smell of cheap burgers

looked like an inviting haven of tranquility

Medium sized caravan with serving bar at one end

Counter top tables along both sides and some chairs

Paul O'Grady on the TV

Sun newspaper

greasy sausage in a bun, and a cup of tea

it was wonderful!!

A120 screaming past outside seemed a world away

like exiting reality, or stepping off the planet for a breather.

everything involved with shutting the office down has made me knackered by the end of the day.

Everything about it was so different from the 'norm' for me. It was a spur of the moment thing. It took me far from the world just outside the door. And it was a bit more than just a break. I ought to do something like it more often. There's the woods at Wickham Bishops, the sea wall near home, a bike ride after work ... especially now the warmer weather is nearly here.

And now my thoughts are grinding to a halt .........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I'm unable to take your call right now, but if you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as I can.