July 09, 2008

Osteopathy, Driving, and Home

Off to the osteopath today. Just what I wanted to be doing on my holidays! My back got progressively worse last week until the weekend when it eased up a bit. Now I'm a bit freer but a bit sore in places and I've got to go back next week. He said I'm pretty much locked up on one side. There was bounce in my left hip but not in the right when he lay me on the table and pressed down on my hips. Now I need to stick to the exercises he gave me to do. It kinda puts the kybosh on going away anywhere at the weekend. I don't want to drive for miles and not be able to get out of the car at the other end!

Bumped into Tony while I was at Chris & Paul's. He wants to learn to drive so I'm taking him over to Bradwell airfield on Saturday. He says he's never taken control of a car before .... so that should be fun then Oh go on. I'm still not quite sure what he meant when he said I was the ideal person to ask about this. Did he mean I'd have the patience, or that I was 'sensible'?

Years ago I was the one who let go of Simon's push-bike seat and off he went for the first time under his own steam. He didn't realise he was on his own for a minute while I ran alongside as if I was still holding the bike up. My dad did the same thing to me. Now it seems I'll be first to take Tony for driving lessons.

It's been nice pottering around the house and not having to rush anywhere. I like having the time to clear up behind me and keep things tidy. I like being here when it's quiet; when the radio, the TV and the computer are off and I can hear the sounds of the village and the birds and the rain.

It's rained a bit in the last couple of days and thunder is forecast for Saturday. I love having the windows open and listening to the sound of the rain. There's something quite soothing about it. And the smell ..... clean, fresh, washed. I love it!

I like being here when it just feels like home. Not when it feels like somewhere to be in between being somewhere else. I like sensing it and experiencing it. I like coming back to it from wherever I've been. I like looking at it. I like sitting in it. I like feeling like I've got time to do things in it. I like being in it.

1 comment:

  1. "I like being here when it just feels like home. Not when it feels like somewhere to be in between being somewhere else." Now that is lovely.

    Where I've lived since June 2008 has felt just like a point between where I was and where I was going, but never really 'Home'. But now, now, I'm coming to share your life Sniffy. To make intertwine our lives in our little home together. In a way it feels like home already, the place to which I was destined for but didn't know it when I moved in here years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I'm unable to take your call right now, but if you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as I can.