November 01, 2008

Paralympics vs Olympics

Why do we have Paralympians (if that's the right word)? Surely, they are all Olympians? The tag immediately sets them aside as different.

TV coverage was different as well. First we had the Olympics and then we had the Paralympics. Only the latter didn't seem to get as much coverage as the former. Surely that's a form of discrimination.

I realise there will be some differences in the equipment used but I'm sure everybody, regardless of ability, could be integrated in to the Olympic Games. No difference, no separate games.

Somewhere I have the email address of the Paralympic Association, the Olympic Association and the BBC. I keep meaning to ask some questions of all of them.

Later....

I've just emailed the BBC and the British Paralympic Association. Responses will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I'm unable to take your call right now, but if you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as I can.