September 08, 2011

My Songline

Bruce Chatwin wrote a book called ‘Songlines’. It is about the Aboriginal peoples of Australia and how they believe that everything was sung into existence. If you know the song you know where you are and where you are going. These people are so in tune with their environment they can find food and water in the desert and make their way from one place to another even though they have never made the journey before.

Puck, you are my songline. My world is being sung into existence with you and because of you.

His name is Stephen.

He is inspirational, passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, sensitive, understanding, funny, serious, playful, encouraging, friendly, warm, accepting, sexy, horny, loving, responsive ….. and I’ve only just started.

He is open and honest to a degree I have never experienced in another person before. In getting to know him I feel I can truly get to know me. I have never felt that ALL my barriers were down with another human being to the extent I do now. I stand before him naked, exposed and unashamed. There is nothing I don’t want him to see or hear, nothing he can’t explore.

We play each other like a musical instrument or orchestra, complementing each note and chord and resonating together in a sweet harmony. He is the final piece of the jigsaw that I never dared hope existed. I feel complete and yet open to completion.

I wrote the following in an email to him recently and it sums up how I feel. And yet the feeling changes and shifts; it stretches and becomes stronger and more yearning, it expands and focuses itself to a pinpoint, it sears and soothes. This is like nothing I have ever experienced before:

“I want to love you like there’s no tomorrow and only this moment in time. I want to grow strong with you and give you my strength. I want to stay in bed with you for ever and walk under a bright moon and dance in the thunderstorm all at once. I want to perform ritual with you, awash with incense and love and lust. I want us to worship each other’s bodies. I want to drown in you. My mind and body are your mind and body. My soul is yours for the taking. I offer myself up to you completely and unconditionally.”

Put simply, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I'm unable to take your call right now, but if you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as I can.